LAST UPDATED: JULY 2017
Who May Use the Website
The Website is intended for Canadian users only. Users from other countries are advised not to disclose Personal Information to us.
Visiting the Website
In general, you can visit the Website without telling us who you are or providing us with any information. However, we may collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to the Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on the Website. We use this information to monitor and improve the Website.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
We collect the following information as required in order to provide services to you, confirm your identity, diagnose and provide treatment for your health condition, and to administer services such as billing, insurance, or other administration. We also create an account with your Personal Information that allows us to serve you better as a repeat user.
In particular, some of the personal information that we collect about you in order to provide the services, including, without limitation:
- Identification and Contact information (name, address, date of birth, email, etc)
- Billing Information (public or private insurer information)
- Health Information (symptoms, diagnosis, medical history, test results, reports, messages and treatment, record of allergies, prescriptions, etc)
- Personal information about you to allow us to create a profile for you, including information about your family doctor, your personal health information, wearable device health data (ex. Fitbit devices), Internet, computer and other diagnostic information including your IP Address, computer/software/browser type.
Limits on Collection
We collect only the Personal Information that is required for your provider to provide care, facilitate the provision of that care, and communicate with you. We do not collect any other information, or allow information to be used for other purposes without your express (written or verbal) consent – except where compelled to do so by law.
Access to personal information by companies that work with us or on our behalf
Some of our operations, such as our electronic health record, online patient portal and app may be managed by our unaffiliated companies or service providers. We may share Personal Information with these companies or service providers on a confidential basis only to the extent necessary to perform their functions. In no event will we authorize these companies to use your Personal Information for any reason other than to provide you with those specific services.
Security of Personal Information
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information, without consent, except as otherwise set out in the list below:
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with our Platform, Health Services or Support Services, we may disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide Health Services or Support Services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, host our website and store information on our behalf. Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of those jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Sale of Business: Insynco may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Insynco or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Insynco and our affiliates and service providers may disclose personal information to third parties as required or permitted by applicable law. Where a disclosure of our clients’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our client prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so).
We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Third Party Links:
Security of Personal Information and Personal Health Information (PHI)
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our clients and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control.
Insynco has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
Our privacy practices are intended to comply with applicable privacy laws, including without limitation, the Personal Health Information Protection Act (Ontario) (“PHIPA”) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) (“PIPEDA”). We will maintain the privacy of your personal information including you PHI as required by applicable privacy laws, including without limitation, PHIPA and PIPEDA and the regulations under those Acts.
Access to Personal Information
You may request access to the Personal Information that we have about you. For further instructions on accessing the Personal Information that we may have about you, please contact us at 1-833-INSYNCO.
Limitation on Deletion
To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to your Insynco Patient Portal is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls or e-mail messages).
If you have any questions about our handling of Personal Information, please contact us.